Help students understand today’s economic issues with updated text and accompanying digital tools
Bring economics alive for higher education students with Sloman & Garratt’s updated text, supported by MyLab Economics digital resources. Essentials of Economics explores fundamental concepts that will help students think like economists and understand how the subject relates to real-world issues. New and updated content gives insight into the latest developments and recent global events affecting individuals, businesses and society, including:
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic – and measures taken by governments to limit economic damage.
- Analysis of the impact on inflation (and supply and demand issues) in the aftermath of COVID and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the reaction of governments and central banks to these issues.
- Renewed focus on the climate emergency – considering economic causes and government policies to tackle global warming.
Explore other Economics subject texts.
Request your sample copy today by emailing asktheHEteam.firstname.lastname@example.org with the ISBN 9781292440101 and providing your contact details.
Reinforcing concepts and giving students regular feedback
MyLab Economics gives you and your students the digital tools to succeed in learning and teaching. With flexible, scalable and easy to personalize resources, your learners are always engaged, while online assessments and data lets you know how students are doing, as they go. With MyLab, you can decide what to teach and how best to teach it.
Learn more about MyLab Economics
Top tips for using MyLab Economics
How to use MyLab to enhance your teaching and class results:
- Set formative and summative assignments to fit the needs of your course. An extensive bank of questions is tailored to the content of the book and includes algorithmic, graphing, multi-step and case study problems.
- Use the fully integrated homework system to quickly and easily build your own assignments and deliver online homework.
- Track your students’ progress and give them automatic feedback via MyLab Economics' robust gradebook.
- Enhance your students' learning experience, from theory to practice, with trusted content in a digital tutorial environment.
Your students benefit from:
- Personalized learning that pinpoints the precise areas where each needs practice, helping them learn at their own pace and giving them the support they need to be successful.
- Regular practice working with graphs. With the Grapher learning aid within questions, students draw graphs and can visualize possible answers.
- Active learning and engagement through the real economic scenarios they’ll find in MyLab’s Economic Experiments and regularly updated news articles. The authors have a news blog to keep learners up to date with current issues in economics through regularly-updated links to a range of articles, videos, podcasts, data and reports: https://pearsonblog.campaignserver.co.uk/
Start the digital transformation of your course today
We hope that you’ll choose Sloman and Garratt with the interactive digital tools of MyLab for your next intro economics course.
We’re here to help you integrate our engaging digital content and assessment tools into your next Economics course – ask your Pearson representative for more information.