Digital learning tools
designed to help learners realize their
potential and exceed their ambition
Even before the rapid shift to remote learning due to the pandemic, student expectations of the use of technology in education were changing. This change has now accelerated. In our 2020 Global Learner Survey 88% of respondents said: “Education should take advantage of technology to maximize the learning experience for students of all ages.”
We’ve been helping instructors across the region by creating more effective, more engaging ways to teach and learn for many years.
Explore our suite of online platforms and discover exciting new ways to transform teaching in your blended classroom.
Join an event to start your digital transformation journey
MyLab & Mastering
MyLab™ & Mastering™ is the world’s leading collection of online homework, tutorial and assessment products, designed with a single purpose in mind: to improve the results of all higher education students, one student at a time.
With more than 11 million student users annually, MyLab & Mastering creates interactive and engaging learning experiences. Higher education institutions across the globe use these platforms to deliver consistent, measurable gains in student learning outcomes, retention, and subsequent course success.
Pearson Horizon helps you make a strong but quick transition to delivering online learning as part of your course. Designed for optimal student engagement, it is available with several of our best-selling texts. Choose Pearson Horizon for:
- Inclusive access with mobile-friendly functionality, offline apps and local-language content.
- Easy customization and options to add your own media.
- A powerful gradebook that gives you detailed reports and learning analytics to review and act on student progress.
- Encouraging independent study by empowering students to access all content and learning activities without depending on you to create and manage assignments.
Our “bring your own device” student engagement, assessment, and classroom response system with powerful real-time analytics
Students use their own device to answer multiple-choice, numeric, algebraic, text and graphic response questions. Implement Learning Catalytics in your course to:
- Generate classroom discussion
- Guide your lecture
- Promote critical thinking and problem solving.
The system can support the innovative teaching approaches of peer instruction, Just-in-Time teaching or the flipped classroom.
The effective use of Learning Catalytics has been shown to increase attendance and engagement, which impact positively on student success. It’s available as a stand-alone product or integrated with our range of MyLab & Mastering courses.
“The percent of the class scoring 80% or better increased noticeably between the semester without Learning Catalytics and the current semester with [a flipped teaching methodology using] Learning Catalytics”
Bill D. Richards, North Idaho College, US
Experiential learning is the process of better understanding a subject through direct experience. The direct experience of a subject has been shown to increase students’ understanding and improvecourse outcomes. Alongside this, your students will develop decision-making, collaboration and other key employability skills.
Full online simulations available for Marketing & Strategy
Mini-simulations in Mastering Physics, Mastering A&P (Anatomy and Physiology), MyLab Management, MyLab Marketing and MyLab Operations Management
Ask your Account Manager about enhancing your course delivery with simulations by emailing asktheHEteam.email@example.com
Consider our range of Revel courses to inspire engagement through active online learning. Revel improves results by empowering students to actively participate in learning through an engaging blend of author content, media and assessment.
- Students read and practice in one continuous experience.
- Interactive content and assessments integrated throughout the narrative provide opportunities for students to explore and apply concepts.
- Mobile and user-friendly, so students can learn anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
With many of these digital platforms, you can link to them from your LMS.
- Lecturers can access assignments and rosters, transfer grades with ease, and direct students to assigned content from within Blackboard, Brightspace by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
- With single sign-on, students get easy access through your LMS to digital learning resources that make studying more efficient and effective.
Many of our Higher Education titles are also available as eBooks. Students can get textbooks on their devices through MyLab & Mastering and VitalSource™.
Teaching with eBooks is a unique way to engage students in their learning because you can annotate the text to guide your students’ learning.
Your students can study more efficiently by easily searching across the text, adding bookmarks, highlighting key passages, and adding their own notes. And because they can access it on any device, you know that quality learning content is at their fingertips wherever they are.
Ask your Account Manager about providing your course text as an eBook by emailing asktheHEteam.firstname.lastname@example.org
We give you the freedom to design your chosen course materials based on exactly what and how you want to teach.
Here are some examples of customized resources:
- A print textbook or eBook with content specific to your course needs
- A study skills textbook or eBook to support your students’ academic skills
Our local team will walk you through the creation of your customized learning resource step-by-step, managing every aspect of its design right through to final delivery. Contact us today to learn how you could create personalized course materials for your students by emailing:asktheHEteam.email@example.com