The Work Passport has been developed by Pearson in close consultation with some of the region’s largest employers and education providers. The programme has been designed to improve the employability skills of school leavers and university graduates, as well as help individuals facing unemployment or underemployment. Those successfully completing the Work Passport will benefit from improved employment and higher education prospects not only in the Middle East, but around the world. The qualification is internationally accredited by the United Kingdom’s largest awarding body and is also recognised by leading universities in many different countries – distinguishing the qualification from the many non-certified employability courses available throughout the Middle East.
The Work Passport is an employability standard designed to provide the skills benchmark for entry into the world of work which includes:
- A combination of all the learning a job-seeker needs to succeed in the world of work in one, easy to access package.
- A range of units of varying size and assessment styles, completed in
approximately 280 hours.
- Syllabus content agreed as needed by educators, employers and governments to bridge the gaps between traditional education and employment.
- A comprehensive solution for educators preparing learners for work including everything needed from diagnostic tools to delivery resources.
- A reliable ‘standard’ for employability learning to help employers in recruitment and selection.
If you are a learner wanting to know more about the Work Passport, please click here.
If you are an employer wanting to know more about the Work Passport, please click here.