This post is about the new edition of a popular mathematical statistics textbook.
The revised edition of Introduction to Mathematical Statistics by Hogg, McKean and Craig includes:
- Additional real data sets – to illustrate or compare methods
- Data sets – available free to students in an R package or individually downloadable
- Using R statistical software – that runs on all three main platforms
- Analyses and simulation studies – including several games
- A brief R primer
- Reviews of sequences, infinite series, differentiation and univariate and bivariate integration
- Iterated integrals explained
- New topics – including Tukey’s multiple comparison procedure and confidence intervals for the correlation coefficients
- Understanding standard errors for estimates obtained by bootstrapping a sample.
Request your sample copy today by emailing asktheHEteam.email@example.com with the ISBN 9781292264769 and providing your contact details.
We hope that you’ll choose Hogg, McKean and Craig’s Introduction to Mathematical Statistics for your next course.