This post is about the new edition of our best-selling Calculus textbook.
The text, symbols and graphics have been thoroughly revised to encourage students to consider the content from different perspectives for a deeper geometric understanding through
- Updated graphics – for clear visualization and mathematical correctness
- New examples and figures – to overcome conceptual obstacles
- New homework exercises – for different perspectives and approaches to each topic
- Short URLs in the margin notes – for navigation direct to online content
- Annotations in each example – to guide through the problem solution and emphasize that each step in a mathematical argument is rigorously justified
Driving higher learning outcomes with online learning tools
MyLab Math, our leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment system, helps you create personalized and continuously adaptive learning experiences for your students. Features include Interactive Figures to illustrate key concepts, ‘Setup & Solve Exercises’ that encourage long-term skill retention and content that focuses on deeper, theoretical understanding of the key concepts in calculus. Additional assignment exercises and new instructional videos, that show students how to generalize and connect key concepts, make MyLab Math the ideal platform for learning success.
Lecturers choose MyLab Math to build student success through everyday practice and learner feedback
Lecturers at Wake Technical Community College, North Carolina, chose MyLab Math to move students from simple ‘paper-pencil homework’ into formative assessments. They found:
- Students who earned an A, B, or C in a MyLab Math-supported Calculus course outperformed D and F students by 19 percentage points in MyLab Math.
- Overall, 69 percent of Calculus students earned an A, B, or C (national average is 63 percent).
- Students wanted problems in MyLab Math homework assignments to model those in their tests, to help them to prepare better.
Request your sample copy today by emailing asktheHEteam.email@example.com with the ISBN 9781292253220 and providing your contact details.
We hope that you’ll choose Thomas' Calculus in SI Units with MyLab Math to digitally enhance your next Calculus course.